Freshness

Freshness

Friday, November 19, 2010

Love is not taught, it is felt :)

I have been wearing specs to work cos my eyes is red... the children are very cute. In the beginning, they say I look very nerd. This boy keeps disturbing me and say, "Nerd" with a gui2 lian3. haha, I can't help but laugh...cos he is very cute. Many of the girls were very sweet, keep coming up to me, stare at me through my specs and said, "Jie, you ok? Is your eyes painful?" Yup, I feel touched. Another asked me, "You ok? you look sad..." I love these children becos they are really very sensitive to the needs of others. Prob it has got to do with their upbringing, they have learnt to be very aware of their parent's mood swings, the occasional violence and sudden outbursts, nothing new to them. Yes, they have learnt to be streetsmart and along the way, they grown up way faster than they actually are. Yet remains in every of this little hearts is a heart that truly cares, a pure heart that truly loves becos they know better than the other children their age what it means to go through a loss or multiple losses and they learn to cherish, they learn to treasure.

I am very proud of my kids. This year most of them have improved in their studies. My fav boy pass me a medal for best progress and I placed it at the top of my shelf. Today there was a sweet moment, a moment my heart just felt drawn towards him. Sometimes in the busyness of my wrk, I dun even recognise myself cos I get impatient and blast at pple who disturb me. But today as I was busy typing away an email reply, my fav came in wanting to call his mother. I shouted at him for disturbing me which usually I will not cos I've a soft spot for him especially. He just sat at the chair while I continued with my work and I realised that he is very quiet and when I turned away, he was sleeping away. Right there on my chair. LOL. I find it quite funny and even cute :) Prob cos I myself is a light sleeper, I can never do that.

It makes me feel like he really trust me and feel comfortable in my presence, and that it doesn't matter I was too busy to attend to him and even when I scolded him, he just wanted to be there with me. I wanted to take a pic of him but had no camera haha. Children are very amazing, they reflect us when we put down our pride and reveal our need for love. He stayed there becos he loves me and wanted to spend time w me, he offers me sweet each time he sees me, he ask me qns abt me like a million time at one go and he holds my hand when we are down to the dining hall and he helps me take my things when we go for session. I am reminded again why I am here :)

I miss you ...

No comments: