Freshness

Freshness

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I am a spagetti

There are so many things going through this little head of mine I feel it's going to burst anytime. As aptly described by the author of the book that men are like waffles and women like spagetti...yes, I do feel like a spagetti now :P I am pondering about friendship, work, relationship and my giftings.

It's true. Life does happen very quickly and sometimes, it feels like they are moving past you and other times, you feel like it just sweeps you away and before u know it, you are off with the waves. Tonight, zhiyong and I met up with marcus and yufen. This is the second couple we have met in these two weeks. As trac commented, we seems to be meeting a lot of couples recently but it's really not planned but just happened.

I thank God for these wonderful sisters who show me through their actions what it means to be a good support and companion to their other halfs. Trac who gave Jason a surprise, sending him to work and buying xmas presents for his colleagues and gg to m'sia to see the dentist. Wow. Now, that's really love in action :) I am proud of my best friend. As for Yufen, as I spoke to her, she told me tat initially she was not that into trekking and diving but cos marcus is very adventurous so she picked it up along the way. Also, she was willing to sacrifice her beloved dog for him cos he dislike animals. That's is really sweet to me :) I am sure there are many more as I meet and speak to them. Godly sisters whom I can learn from their lives how to love another more than themselves. I feel really small in comparison to them. No wonder the men are all ready with the ring even though the wedding may only take place 2 years later :P

The feeling of nostalgia came over me this week as I meet with friends who has known me for as long as I can remember. Pple I dun have to try being who I m not in frnt of. Conversation which flows when I met up with Trac and things that comes naturally and understood with the slightest explanation. I love the feeling of being understood without having to say much. Tonite too, with them... friends who know my 'pattern' and still acceptand appreciate me for who I am. What really, is the inner circle and how big can this circle get and how far can it go? I thk God for friends who keep me in their minds despite the busyness of life and the many life responsibilities they are undertaking. I thk God for friends who keep me in the loop of how things are getting along even when I fail to ask and show me unconditional concern even when I am preoccupied with my own stuff. I promise that I will be more faithful with these friendships God has blessed me with.

Lastly, my sweet spot. What really, is it? As more possiblilties opens up and more options come along, I find myself getting hazy... do I need to be very clear of the end goal before I continue? I know I have this tendency to get my footing right before running full steam ahead but this time, I am kinda stuck, in a way. It feels like standing at the crossroad once again. I have forgotten how to listen hard to God when things are going right. It has always been the other way round. I know that not all opportunities come from God so how am I to know?

Searching...

No comments: