Freshness

Freshness

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The sweetest 3 words

The sweetest 3 words: I love you

Was watching this variety show and this 65 year-old lady was performing a song. After that, they invited the husband who is in his 70s to come on stage to join her. Both looking a little awkward and not too expressive. The host asked the wife what she would like to say to her husband.

She said, " So many years we are together...it has always been me who says that "I love you" but now, can you say the same to me?" He ,then, looking a little embarrassed and half looking at her said that he loves her that that he will want to be together with her in their next life. Even that, she had to prompt him.

I find it quite interesting that sometimes a couple become so familiar to each other that expressing their love becomes such a rare thing to do, so much so that they become like 2 robots when relating with each other. I hope for a love that remains passionate and warm till the very end, to my old age. I wish for love that feels like love even when the stresses in life sets in and threaten to take it away. I desire for a love that grows deeper and sweeter and richer as time goes by instead of the other way round. I told ZY that I finds it sweet when I saw an old man holding his wife's (an old lady) hand in the train when she is sleeping and he was holding her hand tightly, like as though they are still newly-weds.

Can we make it till the end?

1 comment:

zhiyong said...

Yes, we can. And we will. :)