Freshness

Freshness

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Our first retreat :)

Zhiyong and I had our first retreat last Friday on Deepavali :)

Though we were not able to go to ECP as planned during to the heavy rain that began in the morning, it was a good turn of plans to head to Kallang instead...On my journey to meet him, I prayed to God that He will give me a vision...3 things which I prayed for are for me to know my strengths and weaknesses, my dreams and expectations and to be grateful for the pple in my life. God reminded me the verse from John 10: 10 that he has come so that we may have life and have it to the full... how many times do we actually feel like we are living life to the full?

I enjoyed the conversation on our work and colleagues etc over a sumptuous meal. After that, the split where we each spend our individual time with God. I enjoyed the lovely scene of green and blue at waterfront and walking by the river... As I walked towards the grass, the sight of a butterfly resting on a flower which stands the highest amongst the other flowers. It remains on the flower for a long time and even after I rested on the grass and read, it was still there. As it started to drizzle, I decided to pluck the flower to keep as memory. I was surprised that even when I was pulling the flower, the butterfly continued to remain there unmoved, enjoying the flower.

This is the vision which God has given me, that in my relationship with Him, I need to enjoyed His presence deeply instead of just seeing it as a routine. I was reminded of the importance of putting Him as the highest. Indeed, as Matt 6:33 says, Seek first His kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well.

I thank God for the unhurried time spent with Zhiyong and hearing him share from the article written by Adrian about work, love and life. Working for passion and loving someone. He had a revelation from God on why He creates men in such a way that their minds can sometimes go into blank. It was good to spend the time sharing with each other and be reminded of some past memories. I look forward to more of such times together :)

One more day to our 5 months... so short but feels like a long time to me :)

No comments: