Freshness

Freshness

Monday, December 7, 2009

The art of balance is not an easy feat

I have received my venue of field placement this morning, not a place I will want to go as it is too far away from my workplace. I can imagine myself stradling between work, internship and the traveling time. I will just end up looking burnt and worn out when I meet my clients. Not exactly a good impression to begin with. I will probably be getting all upset when I have to rush down from my workplace only to find out that the clients have defaulted the appointment. That will certainly break my day. I pray that my request to change the venue will be approved!

The feeling's now is all meshed up, just like the girl in "New Moon" before she was going to jump down the cliff. What's it going to be like? The thoughts of the waves piercing through her body like painful stabs? Or the excitement of overcoming the seemingly fearful. I guess certain things just needs to be done while leaving the brain aside. You never know till you experience it. A short time but it feels like forever. Her look of triumph when she comes up the surface was remarkable. It was as if she was thinking to herself, "I should have done this earlier." Snap and back to reality. Well, at least it was encouraging to begin with.

Sometimes I wonder when is the point of immunity. When we have done something or go through the same motion so many times that we kind of don't feel much anymore. The first time is always the most memorable, sometimes nerve-wrecking or mind blowing. I guess when the novelty is gone, it all comes back to the purpose of the activity. This question will come at some point or another, sometimes strike us at the most unexpected moment. Failing to answer it leads to doubt, uncertainty and inertia. On the other hand, the most well thought through plan may fall flat and leads to great disappointment.

The art of balance is not an easy task. I guess I will never be able to master it in my lifetime...

No comments: