Freshness

Freshness

Friday, December 4, 2009

love is an action verb

"Love is patient and kind.
Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.
It does not demand its own way.
It is not irritable,
and it keeps no record of being wronged.
It does not rejoice about injustice
but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.
Love never gives up, never loses faith,
is always hopeful,
and endures through every circumstance. "

(1 Corinthians 13:4-7 New Living Translation)

To me, love is an action verb and not a noun. It is something we actively do, as Christ commands: Love one another as Christ loves us. It doesn't matter if the other person is deserving or easy to love. There is no condition tied to it. It's a choice we all can make. Easier said than done but it's the hallmark of a Christ follower because God is love. The song lyrics came to my mind, " how many times have I broken your heart but still you forgive if only I ask...".

God, thank you for loving me so much that nothing I do will make you love me more and nothing that I do not do will make you love me less.

No comments: