Freshness

Freshness

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Weddings: more than just an event

There was a time when my friends keep telling me of the many weddings they were going to attend and I could not identify with it. I was like, "wow, ok... all your friends getting married...is there really so many people getting married in a year?" Now, it's happening to me ha. 4 weddings in a span of 2 weeks and more to come. Next year will be the highest record for me so far. Already 9 confirmed ones as I counted. 

Probably a few more years down the road, I will be the happy godmother to many cute little ones :)

Yesterday I attended an Indian wedding. It was my first and was certainly an interesting experience. The colourful arrays of colours surrounding me and I felt I was in bollywood :P The bride (my colleague) looks georgeous, just like a queen seated on the sedan. Cameras snapping away constantly, it almost felt like she was a celebrity. I received a lovely door gift with bangles, stickers to place on the forehead and henna which I did for my colleague. My first attempt at it and I am pretty pleased with the results. My indian colleague says that I have a gift for it.

I brought 2 tubes back so for those who wanna have ur hands and arms painted you can come to me :)

Weddings are good times to mingle, catch up with old friends and participate in a special & important event of your friend's life. So, even though my pocket might burn a tiny hole at the end of it all, I feel very priviledged to be part of witnessing these wonderful unions.

I look forward to the year ahead...

No comments: