Freshness

Freshness

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thanksgiving Point #10: God - my examiner


GRADES

First Semester
Theories of Counseling - 64.8
Advanced Counseling Skills - 61.5

Second Semester
Couples and Family Therapy - 66
Developmental and Social Issues in Counseling - 62
Clinical Practice 1- 56

I just received my grades for all the assignments. I thank God for His faithfulness! Except for one module, all the others are good and most are above the average score among the batch of students. I am amazed at how He saw me through this period of time when I had to do 6 assignments in the span of 3 months, it was unbelievable. God has His plans. Times I felt so lost and ill-equipped and I came to Him with tears and helplessness daily. I thank Him for His perfect timing in all things, how I got this job after two weeks, when God impressed upon me to work with children and how He paved the way ever since. I recount the time I was disappointed with God when I was not approved to study after working for a year in the organisation. Then I realised that He was preparing me and moulding me as He knew best. I had overestimated myself.

Come 2010, I know that it's going to be more challenging than this year but I believe that God is going to make a way, as He always does. In fear and trepidation, I commit myself into your hands...

In His heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps - Proverbs 16:9

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wasn't it just yesterday we were still sipping drinks from gecko (me with my OSL and you with ur berry blast) and struggling with History tutorials and Introduction to Japanese Studies 101? How you used to eat 'bak chor mee' 1/2way so you can save for later... haha

u're 26 only after i turn 28! :p another reason to give thanks haha... catch up soon!

- Robert

Jasmine Chia said...

hah, that "yesterday" took place many years ago. Age is catching up...boo hoo