Freshness

Freshness

Monday, November 2, 2009

Appraisal

Appraisal on the 18th November 2009...

What a day! I was so sleepy and nervous, somehow not really prepared for the evaluation from my boss. In my journal I wrote, "It's appraisal day and I'm feeing nervous...somehow afraid of the 'words stuck in the throat' scenario or 'wish I had said more' after-effect. " Haha...Yes, I am laughing at myself.

I took a cab to work, having overslept though this is by far the most relaxing week of my year with nothing on every night except on Friday. Though no activities, it is certainly no less eventful than the other weeks. When I reached my office, I realised that I left my hp in the cab. Frantic, stressed I was. On top of the anxiety I was already feeling. The next 30 minutes was spent trying to locate the phone through calling the cab companies.

I really have to thank God (though I will not wish for such a situation), that the cab I got on was a prime cab so it was easier to locate. Lo and behold, 15 minutes before my appraisal, I got my phone back from the driver who has gone to Tuas and back. I thought to myself, God must be reminding me to trust in Him and not worry about what is going to happen. Indeed, He is in control and he allow me 15 min to catch my breath and collect my thoughts :P

Appraisal went well, better than expected. I improved in most segments and as I looked back at the 3 years working in the organisation, I would have to say that I have grown as a peron. From a person with just a foolhardy passion (constantly hitting the wall with my boss, clients and colleagues), I have now build greater rapport with my clients, boss and colleagues. Halfway more to go,  I look forward to the moulding.

Looking forward to Christmas and my birthday :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Jia you sis!