Freshness

Freshness

Friday, October 30, 2009

More Thanksgiving Points

Yesterday, a cab-driver who has been sending a resident to school daily bought a packet of pau for me from Alexandra road. I was pleasantly surprised! I remember the first day she came, she was all flustered and said that she lost her way. Overtime, we have build a rapport with each other and everyday when she comes, she will feedback to me about the child and in recent weeks, asked me about my work. I thank God for this angel in disguise and it makes me realise that it is important not to dismiss someone due to a bad first impression. Probably that person was having a bad day? Perhaps something rubbed us the wrong way? I thank God for this auntie who has a big heart to bless.

Thanksgiving point: An angel in disguise

As I look back at the months that have passed,  I thank God how he planned my schedule in such an amazing way. In the month of october (right after my intense mth of lessons in Sept), I have 5 new admissions in total, which means a lot of work, yes. Cos each new admission requires me to do the initial work (orientation, admin, report, court hearings etc). Being a planner, I tend to want to be in control by planning things in advance so I dun stress myself at the last minute but God has His plans, and I can safely trust in Him. I thank God that the admissions did not come in Sept. Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding and He will straighten your paths.

Thanksgiving point: God is my planner 

No comments: