Freshness

Freshness

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Family

Yesterday my mum cooked herbal soup and each time I smell it in the kitchen, it brings back a familiar feeling of home. To me this is much better than any nice cusine out there selling in the restaurant. It's like a kind of comfort food which you can only experience at home. This is the same as the homesick feeling u get after leaving home for a number of days and missing the food at home when you are sick. No where is better than home.

Yesterday I told my mum that we are going to bid for the BTO flats and she was very supportive, saying that we should do it already as we have to wait a number of years. She said that we can come back and eat anytime and also ask the maid to go to my house to clean up a few times a week. I felt very assured by what she said. Partly because I knew that my family will be there even after I get married and it's relief to know that my life will not be so much of a change. I can still very much enjoy what I am enjoying in the comforts of my home now. I am thankful that my mum is very understanding as she said that the house shouldn't be too far from Zy's school as he will have to travel very far everyday.

I hope to be able to build such a family next time where my children will feel so comfortable that they are unwilling to leave home :)

No comments: