Freshness

Freshness

Friday, February 11, 2011

U know it when u feel it

Question of the day: Should your boyfriend spend money to buy you flowers on V-day?

Well, my boyfriend said he got the opinion of 2 other girls and they said its a crazy idea to get flowers on V-day. He also think that it's more worthwhile to give me a nice treat. My male colleague, on the other hand, said that it's expected and that he nevers fails to give his wife 12 stalks of her fav pink tulips on V-day. This morning, I posed the qn to my 2 female colleagues and they said, "depends on whether your bf is romantic or not." And I saw on yahoo news that one of the 5 worst valentines day gift is flowers cos the price is jacked up.

Oh well... am I the overly idealistic gf or am I just typical girl who feels happy to receive flowers? Not about V-day or birthdays or anniversaries or what but yes, I do love to receive flowers. I love to give flowers to others. I feel happy when I do that cos to me, they are so pretty. Maybe it's a girl's thing I am not sure but I won't deny this impractical side of me just because of some article or the fact that it is 5 times more expensive than the usual rate.

All this said, another value which I hold more dearly is whether an action/ gift/ words comes from the heart. Thats the most impt, means u try ur very very best to put urself in the other person's shoes no matter how different u are and think of what makes him or her happy and do that thing. Like playing peekaboo with a baby and listen to him squeal with delight even though it makes u look like a fool, Paying for an air-tic at an extremely hefty price to visit ur partner who is studying or working overseas just to give him or her a surprise visit just becos u miss him and all things along this line.

Nobody needs to teach such things because as beautiful as it can be, the value is lost immediately once it becomes an obligation or a lesson to be learnt. Like a guy who pays someone to write love poems to please his girlfriend and being found out. Yup, that kind of feeling...

No comments: