Freshness

Freshness

Thursday, February 17, 2011

The human transformation

I was watching the Kings speech on my iPhone last nite... Din get to finish though cos the downloading was slow. Dun like things hanging in the air but I guess sleep is more important. In the show the duke, second son of the king was asked to give a speech following his fathers death but he has a problem with public speaking n has been stammering since four or five. He then went to a therapist who adopts unconventional methods of helping pple w speech problems. I love the exchanges between them, the slowly breaking down of his pride through the therapist skillful ways of engaging him, threatening him n convincing him. Also the qns which he asks which I find is brilliant. Definitely gg to finish it, I believe it will fall into the list of my fav movies. I love the process of transformation in someone. It's beautiful, like a caterpillar wiggling it's way out if the cocoon to be a butterfly. The potential of human strength is limitless :)

No comments: