Freshness

Freshness

Saturday, December 11, 2010

It's the little things that counts

It was a night for them- the little ones ... As I see them standing on stage giving their best, I suddenly realized how much they have blossomed over the years, from playful little boys into young and attractive boys.. From little giggly girls to mature sweet and confident girls :) deep down in my heart I feel proud of them :) four years with this bunch and seeing how they grow to where they are now, sometimes I feel like a mother :) I feel closer to them than even their own family cos I see them everyday... Know all their needs and etc. Sometimes it pains my heart when I see them so sad that their family can't make it due to lessons or other things. One day they will understand that these are not just events but rather, are milestones in their lives signifying their growth and recording their proud moments. Moments which they will want to share with their closest :) even the time their teeth drop, times their first period came, times they did well for exams etc etc. Once missed, its no longer the same anymore cos the excitement of sharing it is gone and never the same again. Before they know it their little ones would have grown into young adults and no longer needing that affirmation, recognition and attention from them anymore. They have learnt through the years that asking, begging and yearning for it didn't make a difference but only led to disappointment but sadly that's when the love start pouring in becos their loved one have 'settled' their own issues and finally really ready to care fir them again. But sadly they have missed everything. All the important but seemingly insignificant moments to them which is what we call - the growing up process.

No comments: