Freshness

Freshness

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Only hearts can touch hearts

It was an enjoyable 2 days of class with all of us taking turns to lead groups. So far there have been a group for single woman above 30, another for work issue, one for caregiver stress and one on us - students who are completing their masters.

I enjoyed the session very much and as we were asked to draw who we see ourselves BEFORE and AFTER the masters. I drew a cactus plant. The cactus plant before was a small one who faced the sun and the rain and the after picture was a bigger one with red flowers. It was delightful to know that my classmates actually KNOWS about the cactus plant, that it only flowers for a while and all that :) After the session, a friend just came to me and told me that she felt the same way as me as well. It was a nice feeling. I share that I have grown in depth of thinking and resilience through the process, having personal breakthroughs. I believe it does help to relate with people who are in their 40s and 50s, married and unmarried at an intellectual, social and emotional level for this 2 years.

I was experiencing performance anxiety during the session but after the ice-breaker, I felt things just went smoothly and I felt I knew what I was doing. It was a good session. It was encouraging for me to know that I did well when a coursemate came to me after the session to say that she felt very connected during the session when I was leading it and said she felt that I was really engaged and that I really knew the group. I know in my heart that the things I said, I said it from my heart. I always believe that only hearts can touch hearts, not the mind or empty words.

Tmr we will be taking a class photo together. I know I will miss THEM. Some things hits harder when it is here. I know it is not now yet.

No comments: