Freshness

Freshness

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Trust needs to be acted out

It's been a long long time since I feel so nervous about something, it's like no amount of rehearsing makes any difference when it comes to the actual thing. Baring your heart to someone else does take a lot of courage and that kind of risk is something I am not used to. Asking me to speak in front of a group, meeting a new person, seeing clients for their issues or even doing something adventurous cannot make me feel that way.

It's almost like I am reduced to a little girl, at a loss of what to do next. It's perhaps the real me which many people have not yet seen, only reserved for people I trust enough to allow to come close to my heart.

Though fearful, nervous, awkward and embarrassed, I placed myself there on the line. A line, that if taken, signifies something significant to me. Trembling hands, heart beating fast and words coming out in pieces. I learn that trust is an verb, it needs to be acted out and tested before you know whether it is there. I am glad I did and looking forward to what follows from the first step :)

No comments: