Freshness

Freshness

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Journey not the arrival that matters


It's been more than a week since I last dropped by... the internal world and the external world sometimes in conflict with each other. One keeps chasing you to move, the other just keeps moving on its own in different directions. This morning, on my way to work, I took out the itinery to Korea and read through it, it makes me happy as I imagine the experience. It brings a little sunshine to my heart. Today is my colleague's last day- another. On the way to lunch, they say that it's very fast, my studies is ending. Everyone has been reminding me of that. My calendar too which I happily marked, "THIS IS THE DAY!" Fast? Feels like a long, long journey. Each step filled with memories good and bad. No matter how 'experienced' I am, now that it's the last semester, it doesn't stop the feeling of stress and anxiety from coming. Some things never fade I guess. It just is. I thought to myself just now, "What if I fail my assignment?" Unknowingly, the thought just came. Scary. Yes, I am looking for a miracle once again. Today, I want to think and feel something different. I want to only remember the journey, not focus on the arrival.

1# My first lesson which I brought my laptop and typed everything down. One and only time! (haha)
2# My first time introducing myself in the class and realised that I am the second youngest
3# My first assignment which I was so excited I spent a whole day at SMU to do
4# My first time counseling another person in class and I was so super nervous, I spoke super slow
5# My first time sharing my real problem to be counseled by a classmate and I was dead nervous
6# My first time going to NUS after a long, long time to borrow books for assignment. I was speed photocopying till the last minute before the library closes
7# My first placement which I didn't get what I want but still thank God for it. Keep going!
8# My first client who didn't come back after the first session but I got to know more about loansharks after that
9# My first couple whom I counseled in the office cos there were no other rooms available. Funny

10# My first time finishing the studies. To be continued...

No comments: