Freshness

Freshness

Saturday, September 4, 2010

It happens


Life is like standing in front of the revolving door. Day in and day out, many people pass through the door. People you barely know but people whom you have become familar with. A polite smile which gradually becomes a friendly wave overtime, just before the person disappears through the door again, into the space of his/her world. So it goes on and on and it becomes part of your life. Then one day, they stop coming through the door and you wonder what happens. Before long, new faces start coming through the door. The cycle repeats itself. Polite smiles slowly becoming friendly waves as they come through the door. You learn that it will yet happen again. You stop wondering what goes on on the other side. You stop expecting. It happens.

Today a sense of loss has slowly start to creep in on me. The all too familiar feeling. I am glad that my heart has not become numb yet. It's been a long time since I feel that way, the feeling you get when you graduate from school. Two years of camaradarie, of working hard together, learning together, sharing our hearts together... the list goes on. This is a very special group for me. It's a support group for me when I feel disillusioned about work, when I feel fearful about life. It's pple who believe in the same things together, having the passion to work in this sector.People from different walks of life (different ages, different nationality, different life experiences, different make-up) and one common heartbeat. I will miss everything, every one of them.

Our graduation party on 30th October - durian party.

Not sure why but it feels like losing a part of myself. Maybe it has slowly become a large part of my life...

No comments: