Freshness

Freshness

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Glee

I was catching the episode of Glee just now and this scene kind of stick in me...


There was a guy in a wheelchair who likes this girl in the singing club he also joins. She is someone who stutters. In this scene, after a date, she said to him, "There is something I want to tell you. Actually I don't stutter, I have been faking it since grade 6 when I was trying to avoid giving a speech. I was really shy...I was trying to reject others due to that, I am sure you understd because you also..." He looked shocked and replied, "I don't reject others. Sorry I dun think we can be together because I thought that we had something very special in common but now I have to accept that you do not stutter and I am stuck in this wheelchair for the rest of my life!" He went off angrily.

(The quotes are not exact but from my memory)

It's sad when sometimes we think we know what is going on and we are willing to accept the weakness of the other, that we forget the other person has a choice to make as well. By not being completely honest, it leads to an illusion which separates two pple sharing a different view of where the relationship is at.

Food for thought.

No comments: