Freshness

Freshness

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Jie Bai

My mum and auntie was having a conversation about my uncle meeting up with a group of friends he jie2 bai4 with many years ago and considering he is now in his 60s, I do believe that must be MANY years ago. Amazing! This concept is really interesting...I told them that nowadays pple dun seem to do that anymore... My auntie continued to say that her husband will meet up with his 'brothers' on every 15th August (Chinese calendar) and those who did not turn up will owe the rest a meal.

This reminds me of what Ellson told me over msn yesterday that he has a dream which is for the NUS group to meet up every year. This year he is organising his own bday celebration again and he said that he doesn't mind haha...cos he treasures the friendships. Honestly these few friends (Ellson, KC, WZ & Robert) are indeed loyal friends who goes beyond the superficiality. I do thank God for the buddy-buddy way I can relate with them and how they know my quirks and weaknesses. When we meet, it's always like, "Ooi!" We can argue non-stop and say the darnest thing with each other and get away with it. Save for the phonecall late into the night which often begins with, "hey sister, just now when you say...I felt _____, next time can you _____". Next day we are laughing again and openly chatting about what has happened. That's the good things about guys :P

Today I asked Tracy two specific questions about something and she replied me that I know her so well twice in the sms. It brought a smile to my face cos I DO know her well and there is no doubt about that. Same goes for her :) I told her it's needless to say cos we are talking about 10 years of friendship. I thk God for this friendship which cannot be described by words alone. The many experiences, many times when we were both at our low points in life and almost crying like a baby in front of each other and the joys we shared, the silly laughter which ends and erupts almost as quickly as it ends. The confrontations we had, the super straight to the point talks we had with each other, the uncensored comments, the ability to speak about anything and everything under the sun, the freedom to be really stupid without feeling stupid in front of each other, the long and tedious and draining argument over something that does not even concern us directly. Good and bad cos the person who knows you well knows exactly what makes you tick and what makes you erupt and what triggers your hot buttons and that can be a very vulnerable position :) But love and trust has to be the foundation.

No comments: