Freshness

Freshness

Thursday, June 3, 2010

The 6th Lap

As I looked at her face turned from smiles into tears, I find myself staring at her face. Not sure why but I just felt very drawn to it, the pain I can see clearly on her face which tells me what is going through inside of her. I wonder why I viewed her as though she was a piece of art, as though each expression tells a story. I wonder how she will feel if she knows what is going through me as I look at her. It was an unexpected outburst of tears, totally unexpected. Now I begin to understand why my trainer says that the client often shares what is closest to their heart at the last 10 minutes, almost testing us if we will be willing to spend another 30 minutes to listen to their story. Well, if time is not a limit, I can spend a day with her but experience tells me that a story nevers ends. The next client waiting acts as an alarm that time is up. Sometimes I wonder if the client is secretly relieved as they are allowed a chance to slip away and face the issue till the next session.

I have my fourth couple this week. When I say that, I mean when they come together as a couple. So far the others have not stayed for more than a session. One chose to discontinue, the other end in divorce, yet another only one of them came back. What a poor track record I have ;) Somehow I have a feeling that this couple will return next week as arranged. Something the wife said during the session struck me, and as I told weiwei, I was amazed. She was sharing what she likes about her husband ..."Other than ..., we can work very well together. We have common interests also. Everyone around us say that we are very compatible." I look at her with full sincerity and told her that it's an amazing quality as a couple.

To me, I see it as a rare quality because being able to work well together requires good teamwork, synergy, problem-solving skills, good communication, common goal etc... At least I am seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. Will this be a beautiful end as I walk through with them till the session ends? I certainly hope so.

Appraisal tmr morning :)

No comments: