Freshness

Freshness

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Reckless Abandonment 2

A short sms conversation with a friend this morning. Sets me thinking about life and the choices people make...

Him: ... looking forward to my trip!

Me: What trip is that?

Him: Backpacking trip to a few countries, Japan, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Malaysia.
Do you backpack?

Me: wow, thats real cool. I am sure you will be very much enriched. I have not done it before but it sounds good to me

Him: Yupz. Hope so, And to learn more about myself too..I've never done this either. does quitting w/o securing a job to travel still sounds good to you?

Me: If there is proper planning, I dun see any prob w it. What you gained may be more, life is too short to worry too much

Him: Thanks. That makes a lot of sense to me. I worry too much. While most ppl were supportive of my plan, some planted doubts and some incited fear.

Me: Follow your dreams :) This may be the most memorable period in your life who knows

Sometimes I wish I have such courage too and such opportunities to throw everything aside and do all I wanna do. Perhaps this is what reckless abandonment is about?

I am still searching.

No comments: