Freshness

Freshness

Friday, May 28, 2010

Bai Quan Nu Wang

I have been catching the show bai4 quan2 nu3 wang2 on TV and I find myself enjoying it very much :) Certainly not a fan of Taiwan idol as I find them unrealistic and cheesy at times, this show seems to be different. haha, prob cos I like the male lead, I think he has a look very pleasing to the eyes. There is just something about him, perhaps the eyes or the smile I am not sure. The X-factor.

In one of the episodes, a priest told the story of the rose which I find very touching. He shares the story of a boy who likes roses very much. One day, he plucked one of the roses from the bushes and was being told that it will soon wither and die. Being sad as he likes the rose, he regretted it and tried to replant it back. However, it was too late and the rose soon withers and died. He turns out to be the very boy himself and at that point of his sharing, took out the dried-up rose and pass it to the guy in the show. I think it's a beautiful illustration :)

The significant thing about the two characters is that they have an 8 year gap. A scene I like in the show is when he set up for her to go on a trip on her own while he followed secretly after her. He wanted to help her overcome a personal barrier of facing the obstacles in her life. After that, when they met up, she drew an invisible line on the sand and said to him, "This line represents our 8 years difference in age. Look carefully, right now I am going to step past this line."

Nice show :)

No comments: