Freshness

Freshness

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Live it out

It was a lovely wedding :)
Looking at the two of them, it just felt like a fairy tale ... The amazing thing for me is that they have been together for 9 years and still going strong. It was funny that in the car, there was a guy who said that he hopes to find someone who can go through 9 years with him too and immediately, he was shot with a reply, "You are so old already, you mean 9 months right?" lol.. I guess every relationship is different and cannot be compared but I have to admit that theirs is a really sweet one, in its totality :D Yup, lovely is the word.

It was certainly a good experience for me too. I realised that it is when you are with a group of people you don't really know, you can see yourself more clearly for who you are. To be away from the comfort and the familiarity you experience with friends and colleagues who know you for years and see you in your ups and downs and learning to step out and get yourself known and to know others enough to create enough synergy to work with them for the wedding in a short span of 2 weeks. Not an easy feat.

Standing in front of a congregation, I was surprisingly not nervous. Probably cos I dunno this people and they dun know me too. No risk of being made fun later on too :P At one point, the audience was really not responsive (cos they are quite old, the relatives of the bride and bridegroom) and I said in desperation, "Come'on, we are young people right?" And the reply was expressionless faces looking back at me. Wrong move oops. At one point, we forgot to ask the audience to sit down and the pastor was signalling frantically for us to give the call. It was quite funny too.

Something nice that came out of the wedding, a message from one of the helpers..." nice knowing you..I always looked up to ppl who work for passion and not for money..u must ve lotsa courage and mental strength to be in this line. .jiayou and hope u attain ur masters soon..."

Thank God for the nice encouragement at the end. It taught me that you leave with people who you really are or believe in, even when you may not be aware of it :)

No comments: