Freshness

Freshness

Friday, April 16, 2010

The difference

It was a good supervision session with my boss.

I have been worried the day before due to the email she sent to the department yesterday which was so scary.

However, I felt at peace and even a bit joyful when I went into her office this morning. Before we met, she had come back from the toilet and forgot to put the key back, I just smiled and laughed a little. It's that kind of laugh you carry when sometimes your friends or even yourself is so busy with work with things that we completely forgot things. And we kind of like take a step back, look at ourselves and laugh at the irony of it all :)

I know it must have been the time with God that made the difference. I find myself being energetic and animated when I shared the cases with her. There was a connection and she understood what I was saying and from the initial frowns on her face, there was increasingly the smile and laughter. Towards the end, she started coughing. I think she was not well and somehow, there and then, I felt compassion for her. As I told her that the parent has come a long way, in my mind, I was thinking to myself that she too, has come a long way in this 5 years.

Though there has been times of tension, misunderstandings and she definitely has her fair share of worries and unhappiness, she took it in her stride and did not give up or throw in the towel. It's not easy to be a leader nor manage an organisation but I do have to say that at the end of the day, she took it on courageously, puts in her best and did well. The position of isolation sometimes requires a courageous soul to occupy it.

"Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God." - Romans 13:1

No comments: