Freshness

Freshness

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Simple faith

I set the alarm to 6am this morning, wanting to do my assignment. Awake and while 我在賴床, it started to rain outside. Certaintly not a fan of rainy days, I dreaded to get out of the house. I was like arghh...it was a torturous moment. My willpower was defeated hands down, within a matter of minutes. I went back to bed and slept till it was time to go to work.

As I was travelling to work, I received an sms from Pris:

"Good morning jy! Its so amazing, last night I pray tt it will rain. Want to know that the universe is at His call, nt that I already nt knw. And it rained! So unusual in a mth like march! I'm amazed!!!"

Yes, I was amazed too and at the same time,reflected on my lack of faith in God. I have been relying upon my own strength and wisdom in doing my assignment and my attachment. All it requires is a simple prayer to God for Him to help me but that, I didn't even do. I even told Jinghe yesterday that by God's grace I have not pleaded for God to take away the thorn yet. What pride, to think that I do not need His help.

To need someone/ something is to be vulnerable as one is saying that he cannot live without the thing. We cannot live without air, food, shelter. More often than not, we choose to place God as a want, rather than a need. " I want your presence to be with me", "I want you to help me in this situation" instead of "I need You".

A simple 3 words that means a lot. Just like the cup needs to realise its need for the saucer.

No comments: