Freshness

Freshness

Saturday, February 13, 2010

A year of new beginnings

Yesterday's sermon talks about love which turns a house into a home. It is certainly not an unfamiliar theme to most people. Afterall, it has been frequently quoted that, "Home is where the heart is", especially when this year's CNY falls on valentine's day makes it an even more appropriate theme. While it is easy to say, the doing part is far from easy.As pastor has aptly said, application carries much more weight than the thought. Thought alone can only carry a relationships this far but actions always speaks louder than words. At least that is what I think.

This year New Year will begin with me bringing 2 kids from my Home to my house. I am still still thinking of the program later as i am waiting for them to come. I am looking forward though as the past years experience tells me that this interaction will brings the relationship to a closer extent. I bought so much clothes that I was just spending two hours trying to pack my wardrobe but looking at the result, it was worth the effort after all :)

Lots to look forward in the coming months and loads of hard work too. But it is overall a good feeling cos it feels like things are going on the right track and it is beginning to materialise after all the planning and preparation work. My first client at the FSC will be meeting me for a session right after new year then my assignment due date. There is a new brother in the CG (Kim) and a not so new already sister (Huiqi). I thank God for the additions as it reminds me of the bible passage that says, the Lord adds on to them daily those who are being saved. I really thank God for a few friends (bro and sis) who encouraged me when I was down and supported me during this period. I am excited on the book series we are going to embark on, the new chemistry in the group. I am also excited to be a jie mei for my ex-colleague in april (second time).

I really have to call this the year of new beginnings :)

No comments: