Freshness

Freshness

Thursday, February 18, 2010

My first day at my placement

Finally have time to blog :)

Work has been piling and piling since I am back at work this morning.

I want to give thanks to God for the first session at my placement yesterday. There were at least 4 people whom I know. One of them someone I worked on a case together with, another my classmate from NUS, yet another someone I met during a course and Jiaxiang's coursemate (met him at Yating's wedding).

I really thank God that my client came and on the dot. This is amazing because I thought that I was going to lag behind as my other coursemate doing her internship in the same place started on 5th Feb while I only started yesterday. However, she said there were so many no shows that so far she has only seen a client. I was thankful that despite the many no shows in the place, I still managed to get a responsible client. I have another this Friday and I am looking forward to it.

The people are very nice and kind to me. Also, I have a fantastic supervisor. He is encouraging, knowledgeable, gentle, charismatic and caring. While I have only 7 hours of supervision designated for me, he says that he will meet me every week. How nice! He came and said to me, "Can I catch you for 2 minutes?" to go through a case with me after my supervision. I was truly impressed cos I thought that has always been my initiative instead of my boss'. At 6pm, he came into the office asking everyone to leave. talking about work-life-balance, I told him that he make a good boss. I really look forward to learning from him.

The days to come looks positive to me :P Though the assignment deadline coming Really Soon!!!

I made this last night instead of doing my assignment (oopss)...so proud of myself  hehe

No comments: