Freshness

Freshness

Thursday, February 4, 2010

What you do when you are alone

This morning I get on the bus to find a lady coming down from the upper deck to sit at the lower deck. I went up and realised that there were no other passengers. Maybe she did not want to be alone. There seems to be this fear that people have of being alone. It's like if something happens to you, no one else will know. There is no one around to help. I pretty much like being alone (not all the time though). I like spending time doing my own stuff, I call it "Me Time". When I am alone, I like to indulge in writing, reading, listening to music, cycling (feeling the breeze), jogging (hearing my rapid breathing), walking (listening to my footsteps)... It's therapeutic. Being with people is fun, you kinda lose track of time. Cos you are having too much fun. Lotsa stimulation going on. When you are alone, you are free from all distractions. You can think and get in touch with yourself.

How about you? :)

1 comment:

Jiaxiang said...

Nice that you are in touch with yourself: in company or in solitude. Not many people have the luxury... or dare the challenge to be alone...

^__^
Amen~