Freshness

Freshness

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

機器人- 謝佳燕

I have finally completed my essay, behind the deadline by two days. What a record for myself, the worst so far. I sure hope that this lateness does not continue. It has been so hectic ever since my internship began and I was just trying to catch my breath again and again. It doesn't feel that bad this time round though cos I had "hit my wall" a few times before last year, having stayed back till the wee hours at work. The past two days, history repeated itself. I feel like I can make my workplace my second home already haha. The bad thing however, is that, when I get stressed, I will keep munching on all the junk food, searching for stuff in the cupboards (*grinz) I feel like a walking zombie sometimes when I walk out of that office haha...

Sometimes I liken my life now to a game of tetris. The level gets higher and it becomes tougher to get to the next round. I am struggling to keep my senses alert and if I do stop for a moment, I am just afraid that all the blocks will topple all over one another. I thank God truly for the people at my attachment place. They are such a bunch of warm and genuine people. They make my short stays there very enjoyable and not forgetting to mention that they are so open about their lives. I love to listen to their sharings on their love stories, their sidelines, their secret talents, their family... basically their life outside of work.

It's already been two weeks, 16 more weeks to the end of semester one. I have started my red bull drinking regime. Again. Tonight is going to be rest day though I was supposed to meet June but I realised I am not a 機器人 (though sometimes I secretly wished I am) Then I will not be suffering from all the physcial and mental tiredness and emotional distress, as I told Tracy and June.

I look forward to the many things ahead in spite of busyness ( I make it sound like a disease haha):

- Break tonight
- Birthday celebration with DeHua this Friday
-  Tracy's birthday celebration
- Combined CG @ Pulai Springs
- Priscilla's water baptsim
- And the next break whenever it is :D

dear God, only you can truly understand :)

2 comments:

Jiaxiang said...

Dun fret, U not da only one getting squeeze... we r ALL getting squeezed like orange squash... xD

Dun give up, it is only 1 year more... 1 FREAKING year more...

Dun lose sight, U have important things God has lined up for you to do...

Dun let go, a good time to refine yourself in the fire... figuratively or literally...

Dun be dismayed, God is here and so are your family & friends...

Dun lose hope, we are here to encourage one another to move forward...

Dun drink too much red bull, too much sugar content and later U literally get wings and fly PERMANENTLY... Get tea instead...

^___^

Jasmine Chia said...

Thank you very much, my comrade who's also doing part-time studies. Actually it's 8 more months wahahaha, every month counts to me :P

I will take note of the advice :P

Jiayou too!