Freshness

Freshness

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Building sandcastles on the ground



God gave me 2 scenes, one - a man building a sandcastle with his child and another - 4 girls holding one another's hand walking along the seashore. As I sat there nursing my horrible headache, God brought my attention to the man. There he was, patiently attending to the details of the windows. One word came to my mind : focus. He was very focused, not distracted by the passer-bys and each time I looked up, he was building the sandcastle. It must feel good to be doing something you enjoy which also helps you forget all the cares in the world.

It brought to mind my thoughts during my retreat earlier this year when God spoke to me about dreams. "Dreams, do they draw you nearer to or further from reality?" I asked myself. I felt that it drew me further away cos it's like building sandcastles in the air. Perhaps God is speaking to me about the same issue this time round, that dreams can be turned into reality. The sandcastles can be built on the ground.

The man is still hard at work...

Looking at him reminds me the importance of focus. Building requires patience, care, focus, committment, perseverance, self-discipline and knowing what you want to create. 

Some regrets came to my mind. Times in the year when I did not complete the things I took on, when I gave it up because it was not what I had in mind.

The year ahead brings with it much challenges and it's probably time to venture into the unknown. At that moment, I knew. I understood. I needed to be connected to people I can trust, in order to walk deeper and deeper into the waters. Each of the girls, probably feeling different things but yet, their hearts all connected as one :)

1 comment:

june (*@*) said...

I remember that retreat. :) Wana hear you share more. Touched by this entry..Hugz..