Freshness

Freshness

Thursday, July 9, 2009

An exciting vision

Tonight was a special night spent with 2 other people of similar vision and passion in the area of counseling - Huiling and Junting. I thank God for His divine intervention in bringing the 3 of us together in serving Him in the area of our giftings/calling. Indeed, 2 are better than 1 and a cord of 3 strands not easily broken. I look forward to this new partnership in Christ and more to join us in this journey of service to the Lord and His people.

I was reading the parable of the talents this morning during my QT. The man with one talent said to his Master, "I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. So I was afraid and went out and hid your talent in the ground." The master replied to him that, "...you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest."

The parable reminded me that even if we have one talent from God, we have to be faithful with it and not allow the fear of hardship to prevent us from multiplying the talent which God has given us. God, help me to be faithful with what You have given me. I know you will bring me through in all of this for You are a faithful God.

1 comment:

yeu@nn said...

Wow! Thank God for your initiative and heart! Very encouraged to hear about this! Yah, think there's a great need for skilled counsellors in our church... proud of you, Jiayan!