Freshness

Freshness

Sunday, May 31, 2009

women of faith conference - Day 2

WANTING GOD MOST

We began the morning by studying from the character of Martha, how we oftentimes are just like her in dealing with the endless demands of our work, ministry, commitments and have NO TIME to seek God for refreshment.

Spending time with God is not a scheduling issue, it is a HEART issue. Work will never end, the things that is required to be attended to piles up one after another but we do not compromise with spending time with God. Mary recognise WHO was there sitting at the living room - JESUS and she was there. When everything is taken away from our lives, God asks, "Am I everything in your life?"

"What would I find in my own heart if the noise
of the world were silenced? Who would I be?
Who will I be, when loss or crisis or the depredations
Of time take away the trappings of success,
Of self-importance, even personality itself:
~ Kathleen Norris

No comments: