Freshness

Freshness

Thursday, May 21, 2009

One Desire

God: If you can have all the things in the world... BUT on the condition that you cannot have me, what will you like to have?

Many years ago, I read this question in a book and it sent a chill in me...
A world without God, I cannot imagine.

Yesterday I brought a child to the hospital to do medical check-up. As he lay on the bed in the ward, he eyes kept turning to look at me, to see whether I am there. When the nurse drew the curtains for the examination to take place, he looked at me nervously. After the examination, he followed me closely and I brought him to the playground. As he was playing, I went to the bench to sit. When he could not see me, I saw him searching for me frantically.

Just like a child who feels lost without his parents/caregiver, I feel lost without my heavenly father. God, thank you for reminding me today how much I need you in my life.

The one thing, the one thing...
I ask..
Is to be with You

No comments: