Freshness

Freshness

Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Glow of Love


My heart fills with joy as i knew that a close friend is going for her wedding photo shoot, in somewhere really nice... As I saw her yesterday, she looks really beautiful..radiance glowing on her face. A sister commented, "You look really radiant! Did you put on make-up?" I playfully teased her, "It must be the power of LOVE." Indeed, the love of Christ in her that give the glow on her face. I thought that she was going to tell me about the facials she has done etc to prepare herself for the photo shoot. Instead, she shared with me a testimony of how God has planned for her to go only after the prayer meet and has since paved the way. I am touched by her obedience to God in every area of her life. It is a love that does not feed on her desires but one committed to God fully. I remember her sharing to me a verse from the bible that in God's timing, He will make all things beautiful. Here am I, seeing it unfold in her life...just like a flower when it blooms. I pray that their love will blossom as they take this step forward. I recall a moment during the Global Prayer Meet 2 years ago, when the pastor prayed for godly couples in the church to impact the world, I made a desperate cry to God. Witnessing broken marriages day in, day out in my work, sometimes it gets discouraging. People seem to not take marriage seriously and commitment seems to go down the drain. The world needs to know that a happy marriage is possible and it starts from the church, the apple of God's eyes. It starts from believing christians being in godly marriages, to set the example...

No comments: