Freshness

Freshness

Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Cheerful Giver

God loves a cheerful giver - this I am certain of. Tonight I felt truly refreshed and blessed by a sister... Though I was late in meeting her for half an hour due to work and accidentally missed her calls 6 times, she was NOT upset at all and waited patiently for me. This reminds me of the verse from Corinthians that love is patient, love is kind... On top of that, she greeted me with a smile and told me she did not wait long. She even passed me 2 packet of biscuits. This gesture really touched me as she came, ready to bless. Though much younger than me, she was caring for me like I am younger, asking me if I have eaten and where I am going etc, whether my ez-link card has enough value. She sat with me, waited with me for the bus and watched till I left in the bus.

A person is remembered by giving of her heart when she is with another person. Thoughtfulness, to me, is thinking in the interests of others. A kind gesture and word is never forgotten...

I am also thankful to weiwei for coming down to my wrkplace to meet me for lunch today, though she has many things to do. June who agreed to go on a break with me just because I asked her and she rejected a date becos of that. Am also grateful for my colleague who bought me a kit-kat as I was feeling low and encouragement from my colleagues in my driving test. People who ask to pray for me, send sms to ask if I am ok. The police officer who took the time to write the report for my lost IC and empathetic towards my job condition. An ex-colleague who availed herself to meet with an ex-resident cos she has a problem. My coursemate who intiate a dinner with the rest though it's holiday. And many more.

A person who gives cheerfully is most ATTRACTIVE.

No comments: