Freshness

Freshness

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Life To The Full

"Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."
~ James 4:13-15

Someone shared with me recently, " I am always pondering about this qns: How to live life to the fullest?" I mean, look at our life today...are we really living it to the fullest? 830am go work, then work eat lunch, 6pm knock off, sometimes go home, sometimes meet people... " It's a question that beckons many responses because of the differing definition each person has towards the meaning of a life lived to the full. One man's meat may be another's poison. In my opinion, Life to the full will be to live with no regrets. A realist will be quick to refute it by stating that such a scenario is impossible. However, I am not advocating for a 'perfect' life whereby there is no regrets at all. The key, to me, is about living each day as though it is the last day of our lives which means that we have to be accountable to ourselves and to God. Being a christian, on the last day of my life, I hope that I will meet with God and it will be a happy reunion instead of one that I most dread. In all that I do, God, I pray that "Not my will, but Yours be done."

No comments: