Freshness

Freshness

Friday, April 17, 2009

God is the strength of my heart

A close friend has been asking me to pray Psalms 73:26 for her...

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

As I was praying, God brought to mind this song:

God is the strength of my heart
Whom have I in heaven, but You?
There is nothing on earth I desire besides You
My heart and my strength, many times they fail,
But there is only truth that always will prevail

God is the strength of my heart (3x)
And my portion forever

Our heart is a precious part of our body, it pumps the blood in our bodies so that we may have oxygen and live. If our heart stop beating, we will die. The life ends. When we experience an emotion, our hearts beats faster such as when we feel anxious, nervous, excited, fearful, happy etc. A faint heart cannot withstand the pressures of the world and it causes us to be affected. We feel physically inadequate and mentally confused. But when the heart is hopeful, resting on the promises of God's truth, we can be sustained. We will run and not be weary, walk and not be faint.

No comments: