Freshness

Freshness

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mountain Tortise Me

Am sitting at the familiar, yet almost forgotten benches of forum in NUS doing my last assignment for the term...next to me were 2 girls sitting on the floor doing their work, both with a laptop in front of them. One of them said, "you know, I wish it's like JC times..I remember that time I was doing my oral..." In front of me were 3 students preparing for their presentation and they were practising the actual script. Frowns on their brow, trying to memorise the lines. The girl in front of me keeps dozing off...I really pity her, having to study so hard. I see the caluculator in front of her, yep, think I understand why. I remember calculus and how it was so easy for the chinese nationals but I was struggling to understand the concepts. JC seem so far away...Uni seems so far away. I asked Guan zhen, "Is the HQ at the same place?" She said, "Yes, but they are all year ones. Generation gap." Yep, the truth hurts haha...Regardless, I wanted to revisit some places I used to go, had my favourite laksa at the Arts Canteen. It's totally revamped and there is burger king there. It has been so long since I have come back. Most funny incident happen when I was in the library. Went to the RBR corner and didn't know that we can go in and borrow books from there now. When I asked the librarian for a slip to fill up, she gave me a strange look and say, "You can go in there and look for it." Migosh, I feel like an alien. And I don't even know how many books I can borrow. Had to ask the librarian again and get a strange look. "Are you an undergrad? 20 books for undergrad." Even the borrowing machine has changed. While I was figuring out how to use, the guy next to me say, "Press ok".

Ok, back to my books! :)

4 comments:

yeu@nn said...

wah haha... brings back memories for me too, sis! when are your exam dates?

Jas said...

haha..I dun have exam, just assignments only :P ya, those were the days...

Robert said...

What can I say... Weizhu and I went back the other day... and we felt so familiar, and yet so displaced at the same time... And we can enter RBR now?! *gasp* that used to be like holy ground leh... haha...

On a side note, you would be glad to know that the yong tau foo auntie still remembers me :p *auntie killer*

Jas said...

Really??!! my goodness, Robert, you sure left a special legacy behind...hehe