Freshness

Freshness

Thursday, March 26, 2009

New Mexico woman accidentally swallows ring during marriage proposal

Published: March 2, 2009

A New Mexico couple has more than a simple proposal story to share with their family and friends.

Reed Harris, whose family is from Blanding, Utah, wanted his girlfriend Kaitlin Whipple to receive her engagement ring in a memorable fashion.

“I knew that he was proposing soon, I just had no clue when,“ Kaitlin wrote on her blog on Wednesday, “but I did not expect what actually happened.“

The couple joined friends for a shake after their LDS Institute class at San Juan College in Farmington, New Mexico.

Everyone except the bride-to-be was in on the plan to stash the ring in the milkshake.

To encourage her to eat the ice cream faster, they challenged her to a race.

“I mean, I was taking huge bites and swallowing,“ Kaitlin wrote. “There was no tasting at all. I get to the end and everyone starts staring at me with this weird, worried look on their face, and I have no clue what is going on around me.“

Friends recorded the entire moment on a cell phone camera.

“Reed picks up my cup, looks in it, and of course it is empty,“ Kaitlin said. “Then he starts looking all around me like he lost something. Then everyone starts digging in their cups and looking around them. I have no clue what is going on this whole time. Finally Reed gets up and tells me that he thinks I swallowed my ring.“

Kaitlin had gulped down the shake so fast, she never felt it go down!

“I mean, it’s not the smallest thing. I thought it was impossible for her to not feel it,“ Reed said.

Apparently, it wasn’t impossible. So, to the emergency room they went.

“Go into the room, got an X-ray done, taken care of, and [it was] right there, just sitting there in her stomach,“ Reed said.

We caught up with Kaitlin and Reed on an Internet connection today.

As they showed us the X-ray, they were still laughing about it.

Kaitlin was never convinced she actually swallowed the ring until the X-ray proved it.

After that, friends offered all sorts of advice between their chuckles.

“Everybody stocked me up on fiber and prune juice and everything we could think of, and pills just to make that thing come out!“ Kaitlin said.

The ring “arrived” yesterday morning.

The wedding is planned for May or June in Monticello.

If Reed and Kaitlin survived this incident, anything that comes along during their marriage ought to be easy.

GUYS, pls dun ever try this lolz...

(http://www.counton2.com/cbd/news/national/article/a_new_mexico_couple_has_more_than_a_simple_proposal_wedding_proposal_ruined/21454/)

No comments: