Freshness

Freshness

Friday, February 13, 2009

Please Think with your heart


I am surprised how people can sometimes make decisions regarding humans through a mathematical permutation, or so it seems (to me).
My student came back to the Home with his handbook : "XXX lost his Maths Workbook. Please buy a new one for him, it costs $4.15. " I gave the child the money and sent him to school. He came back with a change of $1 and said that his teacher has written the price wrongly. The book costs $3.15, instead of $4.15. Hence, I called the teacher to ask him and his answer to me was, " I might have written wrongly." I said to him, "Please check the price for me." He replied, "If the book costs $4.15, I will call you. If the book costs $3.15, I will not call you." Ok, fair enough.

I brought up to him another matter and said that I found a new NIKE wallet on the child which he said he bought in the school bookshop for $1.50. I verified this with the teacher. The teacher said to me, " If the wallet is not sold in the bookshop, I will call you. If the wallet is sold in the bookshop, I will not call you."

I replied him, " Can you just give me a call anyway?"

Thinking out loud: If you care enough for the child, you will call me. If you don't care enough for him, you will not call me.

No comments: