Freshness

Freshness

Monday, February 16, 2009

My Mother


A picture I drew of my mother when I was younger....

I love this petite and feisty woman in my life, I admire her for her courage, her determination and her faithfulness, I respect her for her love, her diligence and her resilience, I get intimidated by her forcefulness, her bluntness and her invading into my private space, I am amazed by her perfectionistic nature, her persuasiveness and her health-consciousness.

When I see her bite into that raw celery, I cannot believe she is enjoying it. When I see her change from clothes after clothes, I get bored and wonder when she is done. She seems to take forever to get ready. I hear her on the phone and I wonder when she'll stop talking. It seems like a phone marathon. She can watch a video of herself over and over and over again and not get tired. You will never catch her with a toothy grin as she doesn't like to smile with her teeth showing, she does not like her teeth. She can spend hours painting her nails and clean it away right after that cos it does not look right. When she sits in a car, she will always stable herself with the handle even if the car is moving slowly. She can repeat herself many times so that you will never forget what she says. She likes to be seen, to be heard, to be known. She speaks funny english but this doesn't stop her from trying. It can get really hilarious sometimes. She is obsessed with smsing. She just love to figure it out even though it's challenging for her. Hard on the outside but soft on the inside.

Beautiful on both the inside and the outside.

No comments: