Freshness

Freshness

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Chinese New Year Eve

This morning, I went with my mum and sister to pay respects to my dad. This is the second time I went there after 8 years as I am always not around on Sundays, off to service. My mum was surprised that I was at home today and I was glad to spend this time together. Feeling kind of emotional as I recall the memories of the past... start remembering the kind of person my father was and the times we spent together. It's amazing I can still remember some of the things quite vividly though it's been a long time. My mother was telling me that I must have the heart for my dad and must visit him every year so that he knows that I remember him. I am touched by her faithfulness in bringing the food, paper money there yearly without fail. I can't help but wonder whether it is enough just to remember him in my heart. What else can be done other than that... I guess we just have to treasure the people around us a bit more each day instead of letting familiarity breeds contempt. It does not have to start only when we have lost something, that we learn to cherish what we have.

My dad...
My dad, a quiet and passive man but very patient and easy-going. He is unassuming and is thoughtful in little ways. Though not expressive, he shows his love through his actions. A simple man, yet not insignificant as he draws others to him when he does not draw attention to himself. Easily contented and does not take himself too seriously. Laughs easily. Giving. Soft-hearted. A father's heart...

No comments: