Freshness

Freshness

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Thankful Heart

I just came back from Northlight School with a child from the Home after registering for her to enroll in the school. Its a vocational school for students whose PSLE results do not qualify for them to enter into the mainstream school. Before that, we had our P6 graduation for all the P6 students who have completed their PSLE. Today God taught me a lesson of patience and thanksgiving to Him in all circumstances.

Our program started with lunch and movie at E2max at Cineleisure afterwhich we will have games and photo-taking. Earlier in the week, I have booked the room from 1130-130pm. However, when we reached the place at 11am, the staff told us that the staff-in-charge has not reached and they are only able to start at 12pm. I was angry as we had already booked the place and I reasoned with the person, but to no avail. After 10 min, the person opened the door for us and allow us to use the room until the staff-in-charge comes. One of the kids came to me and ask me why I appeared so impatient.

Part 1: The staff told us that he can only let us watch the show at 1230pm and we are not able to use the membership card as the discount counter opens only at 4pm. By 1230pm after our games, we chose the dvd and watched the show which turned out to be very appropriate and interesting (Flushed away). This is amazing as we did not know abt the show previously! When we went to the counter to pay after that, the staff told us that it is on the house as they made a mistake. Thank God for that! We had the room to ourselves from 1130 and watched the show, all for free... :) It's not abt the money but the turn in events that reminds me we need to thank God in ALL circumstances.

Part 2: In the cab, on the way to Northlight School...the cab driver got to find out that my student is going to study in a vactional school and he encouraged her to retake her PSLE. We have tried to encourage and persuade her many times but she just does not want to retake her exams. The driver was very persistent and showed genuine concern, sharing with her advice from his personal experiences. When we reached the school, the child told me that she wants to retake her PSLE. When I asked her if she is sure, she looks at me and says, "I am sure." Thanks God for a change of mind.

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." - 1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments: