Freshness

Freshness

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Meet-up with Dehua @ Kuriya

Met up with Dehua, June and Tracy for a catch-up at Kuriya in Raffles City and we had a good time of laughter and just purely comfortable in one another's presence. These are people who have impacted my life in some ways and friends I hold close to my heart. It's never easy to find people who know your weakness and still able to accept you for who you are but once u find them, hang on to them & never let them go :)

Dehua is a brother I respect and admire for his realness and his genuine interest in the lives of others. He guided me in taking care of people and having a shepherd's heart. I remember distinctly how he encouraged me to join the choir and not be afraid to follow my dreams when I shared my fears to him. I remember him telling me that it is ok to fail, just learn from my mistakes. He taught me what it means to get involved in the life of someone. I am so glad that he and Daisy are together, both people I love and admire. Looking forward to wedding bells ringing :P

June is one of my bestest friend in church as I have always shared to others. She is someone I have been through a lot with in my ministry days in NUS. Amazingly, we have been through many experiences together unique to the 2 of us. This brings us close to each other as we can identify with each other and connect deeply. I love to talk to her and she always makes me laugh. Her big heart and concern for people really touches me. A significant moment was when we went to Cameron Highlands. I vomitted on the bus and was in a mess. She wiped the vomit off me and applied medicated oil for me. I was so touched! She truly reflects the love of Christ. She has seen my ugly side but still love me. A friend I will always keep.

Tracy is another of my bestest friend in church and my sheep as well. We know each other since our JC days. She is someone I am attracted to becos of her bubbly personality and her willingness to go the extra, extra mile for others. She has a soft spot for the underdog and is someone with strong values. I enjoy listening to her share about her experiences and her innermost feelings. I know with certainty that she is someone I can count on in times of trouble and will fend for me when I am being attacked. A significant moment was when she accompany me to repair my handphone. I didn't have to do anything at all as she settled everything for me. I am thankful for this friend who share the same passion as me and understands me well.

No comments: