Freshness

Freshness

Friday, December 26, 2008

How Did You Spend Your Christmas?

This morning I smsed 3 friends to ask them, "How was your Christmas spent?"

Person 1: Great! Was fun how bout u?
Me: Ha ok :) Had a good rest in the day and went for dinner at helipad for a drink with some friends for a catch up. What did you do?
Person 1: Went for a party n service before that. Then stay over at my friend's place hee catching up.
Person 2: Went out with my parents...
Person 3 (no response)

This year is a quiet Christmas for me, unlike past years when we had parties and movies etc on Christmas Eve. I had a good meet-up in the morning followed by a catch-up with 3 good friends in the night. Went for dim sum at Geylang with Jason before he went for his personal retreat to Bintan. It was good to be able to talk in a setting apart from ministry matters (though can't help mentioning it). It was a time of openess. I also received a phonecall from DAISY, all the way from US. Really brighten up my day :)

At night, went with Meiling, Meiyan and June for dinner and a drink at Helipad. It is a nice bar at the rooftop which overlooks the clarke quay area. The view was beautiful. I am glad to be able to spend time with these sisters who have seen me grow up from my university days as a christian. Both(ML and MY) are my ex-shepherds and in my opinion, people with gentle and sweet spirit. I really thank God for their guidance and how they helped me learn to be objective and grow from my wilfulness and stubborness. They have loved me with their hearts and now as I see them getting into a relationship with their other half, I see them exemplifying the same love. As I hear them share their experiences, I learn much and more to learn.

The basin at the helipad. It's is very interesting. You have to step on the button (hand pointing to it in the picture) in order for the water to flow from the tap :)




No comments: