Freshness

Freshness

Friday, August 9, 2013

A lovely treat and a special moment :)

Today I received a packet of chocolate from a classmate and it brightens me up :) She gave it to me to thank me for helping her to take notes when she was absent from class. It may sound silly but it feels really nice to have a friend, receiving a gift from someone when you feel things are not going too well. God also provided a moment for me and a fellow course mate when I was early for class and happened to meet her outside class as she was early as well. She shared about her day which didn't start too well as she was unable to print out her notes and we both shared about our stress with regards to the assignments. It was really nice to be able to share similar struggles with someone else and encouraging each other on this journey :) She shared that her father is a foreign exile and a terrorist. I was rather surprised by her vulnerability and felt priviledged to be able to share in something personal in her life. I wondered how it would be like to live with a father who is a terrorist and what that will mean to someone. Something about her makes me want to know more about her. I thank God for that moment we shared :) Looking forward to tomorrow's movie "The Rocket" which is part of Melbourne's International Film Festival :)

No comments: