Freshness

Freshness

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Some things are just not worth losing

"What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?" Matthew 16:26

This verse came to mind this morning and stopped me in my tracks as I was in the midst of completing my to-do list. Many thoughts fill my head. Thoughts about people and what motivates them to do what they do. What is the driving force behind the actions?

Is it for more recognition? Fear of losing what they possess? Wanting more material gains?

Will one go against his will in order to gain more or worse, go against his conscience. possible or very likely, as least that's what I see daily. I think to myself, "what's the point?" What goes round comes round. Havent they read the story about the couple who are very mean to their elderly parents and when their child grow up, he does the same thing to them, telling them that it is what they are being taught since young.

In the light of God and His eternity, all things pale in comparison. Whatever the world can give us is but temporal. Father, I pray that nothing will have a hold over me except you and that you will always be my first resort in times of challenges, that I will allow your intervention into my problem. Pray right, Think right and Live right. Amen.

No comments: