Freshness

Freshness

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A cord of 3 strands is not easily broken

This morning as I was walking to the bus-stop, there were 3 pigeons in front of me...At first, they were going in the same direction then two of the pigeons turned to the side to get some food while the other pigeon kept going in the same direction. After that, all three pigeons continued moving forward together. I believe it's a reminder from God about friendship. Though we are no longer as closely knitted as before in terms of proximity, we still hold on to the values which we did in the past and till now. Things that let us know each other for who we are, despite the changes in lifestyle and appearance or life stages. We made a pact that we will be committed to each other on things that we promised, no matter what :) And I know we will. Not pushing to make it happen but more of a silent trust that it will be.

My dear Tracy is soon going to be someone else's wife and I am really happy for her. It's like we have always been talking about this before we got attached and now it's happening. more waiting to unfold. June and her trips, also what she has in mind all along, to explore another country. In a way, I am glad that we are not at the same position because I already carry a piece of them with me and whatever they are going through in their life will just be added to this piece in my heart. I am so grateful to God that the friendships continue to remain in spite of changes in ministry, church and all other things. It gives me a sense of security as well that the friendships can stand through the test of time and changes.

This week I want to slow down my pace so that the inner me can slow down as well. Sometimes I am scared of myself, so many things going through my head and it becomes a mess. This happens when there are a lot of things to do and the kan cheong spider in me comes out, stressing others as well. Worrying that things are not in place, did I miss out anything etc etc.

I need to tell myself that come'on Jiayan, the world can do without you and that even if everything is not in place, it's ok. God will still make all things beautiful in His timing.

No comments: