Freshness

Freshness

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What happens after the 1st impression matters more

A few days back, at Wfl, this guy said that he wanted to write a book in order to 'make it' as it is a trade secret. To me, it's kind of sad to use such ways to convince cos that's not the real stuff at all. The real stuff is what makes another's heart skip a beat even without trying at all. Simply put, it speaks for itself. Trying to fake happiness and shutting down the 'voice' does not mean that it it is not there. Hasn't he heard about the pink elephant theory? Well, at least one thing I do agree which is to focus on the blessings and be grateful daily. Now that's biblical. Cos we human beings are so forgetful, it takes God to remind us that we are saved already . While it may be scientifically proven that it takes 21 days to create a habit, I do not agree that we should be doing something for the sake of it. To me, 21 days or not, the motivation has to come from within. If that is something which u really believe in, you will want to do it albeit with reminders on and off ( we are human after all and the flesh is weak) but not to force ourselves to make it a habit. Well, maybe I am biased but such superficial ways of building first impressions irks me... Cos next time when I see him, I will wonder what is behind that bright sunny smile of his... Is it one which radiates from the heart or just a means to get his end met. I know I will never be sure. I guess I still prefer the old fashion way of stumbling through a few hiccups and misunderstandings but eventually being known for we I am, a point when selling is no longer a concern because I know that I am simply loved fir who I am. Not that perfect smile, perfect posture, perfect speech, perfect voice or perfect way of pronoucing 'teeth' with the th. After all is said and done, first impression can only get you that far because as time gird by, it is your character which people are going to rely on to decide if they want to use ad their staff, if they want to be your friend, if they are going to trust you. Definitely not that plastic. Cos it's going to melt when the heat comes on.

No comments: